Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you for the past 20 months. On behalf of the board, I would like to express my sincere thanks to all the community members for the support you provided. We look forward to your continued support for the rest of our term, which ends on December 31, 2017.
It is the time of the year that we have to start planning for the next two years (2018-2019) of the Minnesota Malayalee Association. I encourage you to consider officially joining the next board of directors of the association to get involved, implement your ideas and take MMA to the next level.
Please note the following details regarding the nomination process.
- The annual general body meeting and election for the board of directors of the association (if required) will be held onNovember, 4 2017.
- Any voting member of the association shall qualify to become a nominee for the director of the board position.
- A voting member is one who has paid the dues for the current fiscal year 30 days prior to the notice sent for the General Body meeting (The General Body meeting notice is scheduled to be sent on October 10,2017).
- Nomination for the directors to the board may be proposed and seconded by any member with voting rights.
- The Board of Directors consists of following seven officers and four director at large positions.
- Vice President
- Joint Secretary
- Director of Membership
- Director of Youth Activities
- 4 Directors at large
- I, the secretary of the board of directors of the association will be the election officer.
- All nomination shall be filed with the election officer fifteen days prior to the general election to be held at the General Body meeting .
- After the election notification, the nomination form may be downloaded from the MMA website or obtained by email request sent to: email@example.com
- We will provide mailing information for nomination forms with the election notification.
Secretary, Minnesota Malayalee Association